September 30 2019

Clark’s the name and working in the holidays is…. what I have to do.
So pretty much I have to get this done or else I won’t. Simple as that.
What have I done so far? Well, I updated the layout of the site, as you can see, but what have I done?

This is what the site looked like before. Pretty simple, uses one of the themes. Simple.

Here is what it looks like now. I added a background picture that isn’t to distracting, change the font and it’s colour, but I kept it simple like before.

I used CSS to update it and here’s the code for that:

body {
  background-image: url("http://level3.infotech.ac.nz/borigc1/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2019/06/IMG_20190628_103723.jpg");
}

#content.site-content {
  background-image: url("http://level3.infotech.ac.nz/borigc1/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2019/06/IMG_20190628_103723.jpg");
}

.wrap {
  color: #ffffff;
  font-size: 101%;
  font-weight: 100;
  font-variant: small-caps;
  text-transform: lowercase;
  background-repeat: repeat-x;
  background-size: cover;
  opacity: 1;
}

.home {
  text-align: justify;
}

That’s all for now. I’ll catch up with ya tomorrow.

September 27 2019

Hey, it me. Back with update. Last week today (well last friday) I made some progress on making the drone a drone. I connected the speed controllers to the and the Arduino Shield into the APM Pro. I also added some wires to the sonars which I’ll work on later.

This is how the wires look like connected to the shield. The left side is for the transceiver and the right is for the APM Pro.

I also Updated the position of the Transceiver, I used a shorter wire so I had to reposition it.

Here is what the APM Pro looks like with the wires connected to it.

Also finished with the controller, I soldered the wires at the front and back of the battery holder, added a resistor so that the battery would only output the amount of power needed. I also tested it out and it worked.


Here’s what the drone looks like now.

September 13 2019

“With two more days to go, little to no time left, will our heroes manage to finish the drone or will they perish?’

Hey, it me c l a r k . Today, pretty alright, made quite some progress and I reckon I’ll be coding soon (to be fair, should’ve started sooner). Anyways here’s w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶w̶a̶l̶l some pics:

Added new and better legs so I could actually hold the battery pack at the bottom. The earlier one was too short so the battery ended up touching the surface below, which would defeat the purpose of the stand.

Slowly moving on to connecting everything together, I added this part to the Nano Shield. It connects to the Power Distribution Board. Hoping to do more soon.

And finally, I fixed up the solder on the PBD, Nick told me to make it stronger by adding more solder because otherwise it would get torn. I also added the new wires on the 12V and GND.

We also learned about the about the lithium battery, and we checked if there was anything wrong with our batteries. That’s pretty much it for today

September 6 Update

Eyo, it’s ya boi, Clark.
Back with update.

Today is quite the opposite of last week’s. I actually manage to make quite some progress. I planned an addition to my design for the power distribution broad, the part that connects to the battery needed a hole to fit in. i made a hole on the wooden sheet but it’s a change I will have to make for the final print.
Here’s some pics:

Here’s the plan for the design addition

I also almost finished my controller. I added wires, the battery holder and fixed where the switch should be. I also helped Aryansh with his.
Here’s mine:

Front
Back

That’s pretty much it, it might not seem a lot but they do take time to finish.