Final 2019 Post (maybe)

Heya, it’s ya boi Clark here. Haven’t been updating in a while, I wasn’t in class the Friday October 18th because I was sick. But the reason I haven’t uploaded my progress from the first week holiday was because I was planning to have a fully edited good quality video, detailing the progress I’ve made and such. The problem was that I was working on the video on and off due to other works I have, I wasn’t completely focus on finishing the video but that isn’t even the worst part. The video I was working on got corrupted, I got annoyed and demotivated till recently. So here’s the update:

I added some electrical tape on the back of the controller so that i wouldn’t ruin the circuit connectivity.

So, the problem with the controller was that the controls was reversed. With a little bit of problem solving and managed to fix it ( it was as simple as changing the wiring).

The diagram I made on what the problem is
Testing whether it’s fixed or not. It is thankfully

Another problem I encountered was that the battery was hanging too low to the ground so I had to increase the height of the PBD.

Anyways, with the controller being all sorted, here’s the meat and potato of the project.
Flight :

First Proper Flight:

This was the first test, I didn’t fully know how to control it well but I was learning to.

Second test:
The second test was better than the first, I had better control of the hover and movement of the drone

There may or may not be some parts that I forgot to add but for the most part that’s the most important ones. If there ever was some information I need to act then I’ll add another Post.

P.S.
Make sure to calibrate the controller before flight

Clark Boriga Out 🙂

October UPDATE Pt.1

EYYYY. This is my last hurra till I lose my breath. JK JK…….. Unless…..

So, what the has ya boi, Me (Clark), done in this past three days. You’d be surprise as to how much progress I manage to make, so was I. I didn’t really think I’d do as much progress as this but here we are.


Day 2: Oct 1
I started working on the Transceiver (controller), at the time it seems to be working properly. But turns out there was some small things that made it so that it wasn’t working properly. I manage to make it work in the Mission Planner but it wasn’t working as it should.

This is the test I did, turns out it wasn’t suppose to be like this

Day 3: Oct 2
I Tried to use the transceiver but it still wasn’t working properly, here’s the test.

What I did to try and fix this issue is to re solder both the Joystick:
(video coming soon)

That seemed to fix the problem but then I encountered a different one. The throttle and the Yaw was being powered by the same joystick input.
I had to ask Steve for help, we checked if there was a problem with the joystick by using a multi-meter. They seemed alright, there was no problem with the joystick nor the Arduino Nano. Turns out the problem was with the soldering.

The Transceiver before fixing it.

Turns out a tiny bit of solder was making two connections link so when I use the joystick it powers both throttle and Yaw. But with some soldering, this problem was quickly solved. After this I tried using it again and it worked fine.

TO BE CONTINUED……